Are you an employer looking for housing in Breckenridge?
The Town of Breckenridge owns several condo units and is offering affordable leases to local businesses to house their employees through the Local Employee Housing Assistance Program (LEAP). The application period has closed and all units have been selected for this season. Please see information on program below.
LEAP Lottery Recording:
LEAP Lottery Results
The business must be an active business located in Summit County, but first preference will be given to businesses located in the Town of Breckenridge. LEAP will not be available for home occupations.
A lottery will be held to select the order for which businesses will be able to apply. The lottery will be divided into two groups. The first group will be limited to businesses located in the Town of Breckenridge and this group will receive priority. The second group will be businesses located in Summit County. If any units remain available for rent after the first group has made their unit selection, the second lottery group will be able to make unit selections from the remaining units. Businesses are eligible to lease multiple units if they are available.
The business must enter into a minimum 6-month lease agreement with a potential month-to-month extension option. Leases are available to start on either November 1st or December 1st, depending on the tenant's needs.
While we love our furry friends, NO PETS are allowed at any of the LEAP properties.
The business must pay monthly rent to the Town. A refundable security deposit equal to two months rent is also required. This will be applied to any damage to the unit.
The occupant of the unit must follow all HOA/property rules including parking limitations. If the occupant receives more than two violations, they will no longer be allowed to occupy the unit and the Town may pursue penalties or fines for any violation.
The business and occupant must abide by the occupancy limits. Long-term guests, unqualified occupants, or “couch surfers” in the unit will be prohibited from occupying the unit.
The business will have an option to purchase the unit and apply 75% of the rent paid to the purchase price. The remaining 25% of the rent will be applied to the hard costs incurred by the Town (HOA dues, management costs, utility payments, and insurance).
This is a lease program for businesses only. Individuals cannot apply. Only ONE application can be submitted per business owner, business, or business entity.
Business Lottery Number